At a Glance:
- Register – for EC2020 by Friday, May 29
- Browse – ePosters and Notebooks available starting Monday, June 15
- Live Plenaries – join online Thursday, June 18
- Bonus Working Day – join online Friday, June 19
- Links and full schedule at earthcube.org/EC2020
- Please use tags @EarthCube #EC2020 if you post about the event
NSF EarthCube welcomes those interested in the intersection between cyberinfrastructure and geosciences to join the 2020 EarthCube Annual Meeting. Though we must meet virtually this year, it’s important for the community to connect, to reflect on advances made, and to share novel approaches in geoscience research.
- Touch base with the community and reflect on accomplishments.
- Learn about important opportunities on the horizon for EarthCube.
- Share novel approaches used in geoscience research and the new tools, techniques, and data available to others as a result.
We have partnered with AGU to offer on demand access to over 40 interactive electronic posters (with chat & demos). These posters will also be published in the Earth and Space Science Open Archive (ESSOAr). Take a sneak peak at the Poster Abstracts.
New this year are 20 peer-reviewed notebooks, which highlight a tool (software, service, library, dataset, standard) and show how the tool may be used to address a significant problem in geoscience.
This year’s virtual meeting is FREE. However, registration is required to receive the Zoom meeting information and password. We are taking extra security precautions to ensure your safety. Register by May 29, 2020.
Watch for more details to be posted closer to the event:
- Community members are invited to record short videos about their current research.
- Sign up opportunities to mentor or be mentored.
- On demand access to meeting content – Posters, Notebooks, and Meet the Attendees – begins on Monday, June 15th
- A concise one-day live plenary on Thursday, June 18th
- One bonus day for working sessions on Friday, June 19th
Find more details and updates on the Annual Meeting webpage.